another me
« »
自分らしく生きていこう
{ No Music, No Life! }
Thursday, November 29, 2012
#369
Yesterday was the NUS Computing Camp, encryption session.
I was quite fun actually. We had 4 rounds of competition trying to crack codes hahaha.
We learnt about stuff like the Caesar Shift Cipher and the Enigma. The only one i actually knew about beforehand was the Caesar Shift Cipher though. Used to play around with it during primary school xD
The final round was encrypting and decrypting using the Enigma machine... except it's a paper one. OTL
My group was in 1st place until the last round, where other groups got the answer first and overtook us... So in the end we landed in 3rd place. The prize was just snacks ahaha.
Man... if i had knew the camp was subsidized by the school, i would have chosen to go for the entire camp :(
But if i had chosen that, then i wouldn't have been able to get a job... meh.
Anyway, it was fun! But it made me want to take Computer Science in uni asdfdfgdfg ><
Right now i can't decide which course i want to take... Psychology, design (?), computer science...
I don't even really understand the uni system OTL  it's so complicated.

Tomorrow's my last day of work at SGS... Will miss the people there hahaha. 
I wonder how i'll be paid though... The guy said via bank transfer... 
He asked for a photocopy of my IC on the first day, but till now he hasn't gotten it from me O.o
Working there just makes me not want to work in the science field ugh... Especially that microbiology lab oh god. Hate wearing those gloves and all that. 
My pay's probably gonna be around $350 or so... Ugh i want to ask for a higher pay dammit. 

I might try to get the Donna Toki dictionary and study a bit before JLPT... OTL
When are my JCS exam results arrivingggggggg D:

I'm really getting tired of resetting and resetting my iPod over and over again.
The stupid thing freezes up randomly occasionally, and i have to keep resetting it to try to un-freeze it. 
The entire touchscreen works when it isn't frozen, but when it freezes, the entire touchscreen is totally unresponsive god. Not to mention that my home button is also kind of spoiled, so resetting it is just a total pain in the ass. I need to get it repaired, but repair fees oh god.
But still, less than 2 years, and it already became like this? I feel cheated.